Name: Tom Hardy
- 2013 - Present: Technical Support Engineer for Positive Internet Co
- 2010 - 2013: Head of production line - Agrochanvre, Normandy FR
- 2007 - 2009: Carossiere (coachworker) SAS Jean Chereau, Normandy FR
- 1998 - 2006: Reproduction sculpture moulder/caster for Wickmere Drystone, UK
- 1996 - 1998 Carmarthenshire College of Art and Technology, Gained HND in Multi-Disciplinary Computer Application.
- 1994 - 1996 Norfolk College (formerly NORCAT) GNVQ - General Art and Design. specialised in 3D sculpture and computers
- 1991 - 1996 Reepham High School, 9 GCSEs
- 2019 - Creating clusters of machines (load blanced Firewalls, database machines and web application VMs, in ProxMox - as well as administering them.
- 2018 - Looking at differently configured systems, reverse SSL via nginx and proxy passing to apache, often with varnish (http) caching.
- 2017 - Started supporting Microsoft Active Directory and O365 MS Exchange systems remotely.
- 2016 - Started Provisioning servers, spinning up VMs and adding required software, migrating sites
- 2015 - Continued with general syadmin tasks responding to monitoring alerts, started working remotely
- 2014 - Introduced to apache2 and general sysadmin procedures, started on the support queue.
- 2013 - Became a member of Github and contributed to the community, moved back to the UK.
- 2012 - Top down developer for WuxMedia.com
- 2012 - Top down developer for HannahHardyArt.com
- 2012 - introduced to Concrete5 CMS, then worked out how to create my own themes.
- 2012 - Writing css and html mark-up for Emparel.com
- 2011 - Installed GNU/Linux on an old thinkpad, started to understand GNU/Linux.
- 2006 - Moved to France - restored old barn. not much computer activity, apart from checking emails.
- 1998 - Used Quark Xpress to design Z-fold brochures for local artists, used Photoshop to retouch/restore old photos for clients.
- 1996 - Webmaster for the department's students, started using Adobe Golive - Realised it was just as quick to type the html by hand. Gained experience using FTP software.
- 1996 - Created navigation icons for Universtity of Southhampton's student website.
- 1995 - First use of Photoshop 2.5, exposed to art on computers.
- Active member of several linux Forums, alpha tester for new releases
- Reconditioning older hardware.
- Deejaying and collecting vinyl, composing music using the computer.